Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 1


The flight was brutal - 19 hours with a layover in Alaska. But I'm so happy to be here that I'm not really tired. Had my first meal in Taiwan this morning! Egg and cheese wrapped in a scallion pancake, served with coffee. Can't wait to have more meals and try more food here. Had fun exploring the area around Zhongzheng, then had some tea and read a little from my Lonely Planet Guidebook.

My classes at Taiwan National University don't start until September but I left for Taiwan early to travel, explore, have fun, and practice my Chinese. For my father's retirement present, my mom is taking him, her, and me on a vacation in Taiwan. At some point in the next two weeks they will leave me here and head back to America. I'm both super excited and kind of nervous. I've never had to find my own apartment before, certainly not in a foreign country. I can't wait to explore more of Taipei and more of Taiwan. Tonight we're going to explore the city at night.

Miss everyone back home.
First picture: a fire station in Zhongzheng, Taipei.


No comments:

Post a Comment